We are the national intermediary and network for voluntary health organisations in Scotland. Our mission is to promote greater recognition of the voluntary health sector and support it to be a valued and influential partner in health and care.
We work to:
- Promote greater recognition of the role of our sector:
- Support our sector to build their understanding of health agendas so as to play an active part
- Influence change in policy and practice by providing a bridge between our sector, decision makers and public services:
Find out more about what we do.
Our members are small and large, national and local. We welcome new members: Join us now.
Member organisations work to improve health and address inequalities in communities, support people affected by illness and disability, and enable the voice of individuals and communities to be heard by policy makers. Their work includes:
- Provision of health and social care services
- Community led health improvement
- Self-management of health conditions
- Peer support and volunteering
- Research, advocacy and campaigning
VHS a registered Scottish charity (SCO35482) and a company limited by guarantee (SC267315). We are supported by the Scottish Government and NHS Health Scotland.
We are led by our Board of Directors and have a small staff team in Edinburgh. See who we are.
- VHS Annual Review 2016
- VHS Accounts Year Ended 31 March 2016
- VHS STRATEGY 2015-18
- Memorandum and Articles of Association