We work to improve recognition of the voluntary health sector’s role in creating a fairer, healthier Scotland. We support our members and wider network to strengthen their engagement with health agendas. We provide a platform and a bridge for voluntary health organisations to be heard by policy makers.
We work across a wide range of health topics including health inequalities, public health, health and social care integration and mental health.
Our members are drawn from national and local voluntary, community and third sector organisations with an involvement in health issues.
We engage and work actively with a wide range of national and intermediary bodies, Scottish Government, NHS boards, local partnerships and universities.
Our day to day work involves:
- Engagement and Partnerships that build connections, collaboration and understanding
- Evidence Building that promote our sector’s contribution to health outcomes
- Influencing that strengthens public policy making and implementation
- Creating and sharing knowledge that raises awareness and develops capacity
- Building a Strong Network that is dynamic and mutually supportive
- Resources & Development that equip people with new ideas and learning